Words of awesomness!

Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions.

Albert Einstein

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Those who you once knew...

Hi everyone!

Have you ever had those days where you're thinking about someone, the all of the sudden they appear?? Well I do. Its always great to see these people again then catch up with them. I am always amazed on how much people can change in a short period of time. Do you remember those days in elemetary and junior high where you would be talking about the concequences of smoking. I remeber the class being divided. What I mean is that, there are the kids who are indifferent to it, those who want to try it, and those who say" I will NEVER do that!" This is where the saying " Never say Never," comes in. As I've noted, every single one of those kids who said never have ended up as smokers or worst of all chain smokers. Anyways, today I saw a good friend to whom I havent spoken to in a while. Thats when I realised he is a chronic smoker. I was deeply saddened by this news! I loved this guy! He and I were like blood brothers when we were younger and to see the state he is in now its just sad. I remember joking around with him and hed always say "Ash you are so white, just like me." ( since I am incapable of being the awesome black person that everyone stereotypes.) I hope that down the road people like my friend will realise their addictions ( it doesnt have to be smoking. Alcohol, and drugs are included!) And find the courage and support to defeat their perils.

Now I think I've been inspired to write a monologue on this topic. I'll let you all know when its done!!
If you do know someone who is sufferig from any type of addiction, dont just ignore it. Be there to help them realise the problem and aide in their journey to recovery. Be the stone for their step!

Live long and Prosperous,

Ashx

No comments:

Post a Comment